Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Introduction to Media and Information Literacy

Journal Entry #1 - MediaLit1718





Weekly Interaction log with media and information providers



       I spend most of my time in youtube. The application plays the role of providing me both leisure time (having to enjoy or relax myself) and learning. This also helps me communicate with such people through the comment section below.  


Technology Literacy
- refers to the wide concept of the world wide web and discussing points in regards of its usage and such

Media Literacy
- refers to the concept of literature in media , meaning it provides certain roles for people who have access in it

Information Literacy
- refers to the concept of providing ways to know whether an article is credible or the other way around

Media and Information Literacy 
- is a dual function discussing provided information and different roles with the medium of media

Misconceptions

 I thought information literacy only focuses on the credibility of an article but its concept is much wider than that. As well as for media literacy, I thought it focuses on its different roles as a medium. Instead, it focuses on analyzing all forms of it and not simply the world wide web.

Evaluation

 In my opinion, an individual can only be simply considered as a literate in media and information if and only if he/she holds both knowledge and responsibility on the given field of presentation. I, myself, do practice media and information literacy in such activities or habits like creating blogs in relation of my chosen topic in tumblr and writing such literature art in the said site. Last of my activities that can be considered to be a practice of illustrating literacy is being able to flawlessly follow the certain guidelines whenever I sign up in social sites.

Journal Entry  Part 2 - MediaLit1718




Assignment: 

Task Description Code: Written, Task Code: Intro1


Introduction to Media and Information Literacy


  Question:
 In your opinion, what makes an individual literate in media and information? What activities/habits do you practice which illustrate media and information literacy? Give at least 3 examples.

  Answer: 
 In my opinion, an individual can only be simply considered as a literate in media and information if and only if he/she holds both knowledge and responsibility on the given field of presentation. I, myself, do practice media and information literacy in such activities or habits like creating blogs in relation of my chosen topic in tumblr and writing such literature art in the said site. Last of my activities that can be considered to be a practice of illustrating literacy is being able to flawlessly follow the certain guidelines whenever I sign up in social sites.



Sources: Images from WeHeartIt and Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.